The government of Andhra Pradesh launched YSR Aarogyasri scheme in the year 2007 for developing the financial funds of poor people in Andhra Pradesh State. The main aim of this scheme was to provide financial aid to the families who could not take into consideration the medical bills of their surgeries and treatments. In this article we will be sharing all the details regarding the scheme, the recent updates launched by the concerned authorities, also the basic details of scheme like eligibility criteria, features, objectives, documents required and more. And also, the application procedure for all those who wish to apply.
YSR Aarogyasri Card Status 2021 Overview
|Under||State government of Andhra Pradesh|
A lot of families of Andhra Pradesh cannot afford the medical expenses, hence the government came up with the Aarogyasri card under the Aarogyasri Scheme for all the families below the poverty line. With the help of the card the families can avail all the medical/healthcare benefits. The scheme was initiated by the Hon’ble CM of Andhra Pradesh state Mr. Jagan Mohan Reddy.
Objectives of YSR Aarogyasri Scheme
The main objective of the scheme is to provide financial aid to all the families below the poverty line who cannot afford to pay the medical bills or are unable to undergo surgeries that are essential for their healthy living. Many diseases are included under this scheme for the smooth functioning of the scheme. Thoroughly the death ratio of Andhra Pradesh state will decline with the implementation of this scheme.
Features of Aarogyasri Scheme
- Reimbursement of 1.5 lakhs, additional benefit of Rs.50,000 will be given if the expenses cross 1.5 lakh
- For critical illness protection of Rs.2 lakh will be given
- Treatments related to lungs, pancreas, kidney, heart, congenital malformation and many more will be provided
Extension of YSR Aarogyasri Scheme
The Aarogyasri scheme was launched by the CM of Andhra Pradesh Mr. YSR Jagan Mohan Reddy. Under this scheme if the medical treatment expenses exceed Rs.1000 then all the expenses will be borne by the government. The government has decided to extend this scheme, previously the scheme was operational in some parts of Andhra Pradesh now the government has decided to launch it in the remaining parts of the state. The scheme will now be operational in other districts like East Godavari, Krishna, Nellore, Chittoor, Srikakulam and Anantapur. More 234 diseases are to be covered by the government under this scheme. Previously 1500 diseases were covered and now a total of 2200 diseases are covered under this scheme.
Benefits to the extended districts
The Aarogyasri scheme was implemented in West Godavari in January, with 2059 medical benefits but only 1059 benefits (procedures) were provided but now that will be extended. On June 13th 2020 the officials were given the order of extension of scheme by the CM of Andhra Pradesh. On 16th July 2020 more districts were added which were Kadapa, Kurnool, Prakasam, Guntur, Vizianagaram and Vishakhapatnam. In the coming year the budget for the scheme is 11,419 Cr. that has been released by the health sector.
The people eligible for this scheme should fall under these criteria for applying under this scheme
- The applicant must have 35 acres of land including both wet and dry land.
- The applicant must have municipal property tax paying families for less than 3000 sq.ft
- The workers of sanitation, outsourcing, contract and part time employees with an annual income of 5 lakhs and above are eligible
- The applicant can also be honorary remuneration employee and private sector employees working in public sector
- The families paying taxes are also eligible
- Family having more than one card are not eligible for the scheme
Documents Required for YSR Aarogyasri Scheme
The following documents are required while filling up the application form
- Aadhar card
- BPL certificate
- Income certificate/proof
- Address proof
- Photo id card
- Valid mobile number
Application Process of YSR Aarogyasri Scheme
If you are willing to apply for the scheme and you feel you are eligible for this scheme the steps to apply for the scheme are given below:
- Visit the official website of YSR Navasakam
- On the home page you will have to click on download option
- Further you will have to click on health card performa
- As soon as you click on that link this form will be visible on your screen
- You have to download this form and take a print of it
- You will have to now fill the information in this application form
- Attach all the required documents with this form
- Then you will have to submit this form to the concerned department
By following this procedure, you have successfully applied for YSR Aarogyasri scheme.
Thanks for visiting ongcrecruitment.co.in. If you have any doubts or suggestions, leave a comment below.